Specialists in Serious Fraud and Complex Criminal Defence
Seema specialises in all aspects of criminal defence; serious crime, business crime and regulatory offences, serious fraud, money laundering and confiscation proceedings. She has represented individuals and corporate clients dealing with many high profile investigations in the UK, South America, the Asian sub-continent and the USA.
Seema was one of the founding partners at MPR Solicitors and became Managing Partner on 1 December 2008. Seema is also the Head of the firm’s Private Client Department She started her legal career at “Magic Circle” firm Simmons & Simmons in Product Liability. She then went on to specialise in Fraud and Regulatory work before setting up MPR Solicitors. She is the Firm’s Serious Fraud Supervisor and Case Manager for VHCC cases. She specialises in the preparation of major cases and has advised individuals and corporate clients being investigated by the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) and HM Revenue and Customs in relation to MTIC frauds, false accounting, tax investigations and money laundering offences. She also lectures on legal topics.
Seema also regularly represents suspects at the police station and has acted for individuals in a broad range of criminal cases including murder, firearms, drug importation, terrorism, deception, human smuggling and assaults. She believes that a client’s defence begins at the police station and is tenacious in the defence of her clients.
Seema’s work includes:
- Organised crime (particular expertise in covert and intelligence led operations, and those involving complex disclosure issues)
- Drugs (eg. major conspiracies, importation and supply of drugs)
- Serious violence and firearms offences (Murder, Shootings and Serious Violence)
- Financial crime (serious fraud and money laundering)
- Complex and High Value Confiscation
- Regulatory work including prosecutions brought by local authorities in respect of housing and benefit fraud, health and safety, trading strandards and enviromental act proceedings.
Personal Background: Seema has worked for the BBC, Tokyo Broadcasting Systems and LBC Radio. She has a keen interest in equestrian pursuits and loves to travel.