Specialists in Serious Fraud and Complex Criminal Defence
MPR Solicitors wishes The Queen a happy Diamond Jubilee weekend
The Diamond Jubilee celebrates Her Majesty’s 60 years of service and at MPR Solicitors we are proud to be taking part in this historic event.
To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, MPR Solicitors have put together some obscure facts about The Queen and her reign, so test your knowledge and take part in the quiz!
- Since 1952 The Queen has given Royal Assent to more than 3,500 Acts of Parliament: True or False?
- Over her reign, how many Prime Ministers has Her Majesty given regular audiences to and the bonus points, name them all.
- The Queen has attended every opening of Parliament except for two in 1959 and 1963: why?
- How many items of correspondence has The Queen answered to date?
- The Queen has sent over 175,000 telegrams to centenarians in the UK and the Commonwealth: True or False?
- The Queen has given out approximately 50,000 Christmas puddings to staff continuing the custom of King George V and King George VI: True or False
- What was the first football match The Queen attended?
- How many ships has The Queen launched during her reign?
- Where and when was The Queen born?
- Who designed The Queen’s wedding dress?
- Answer: True
- Answer: 12 PMs: Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan, Sir Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Edward heath, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron
- Answer: she was expecting Prince Andrew and Prince Edward respectively
- Answer: 3.5 million!
- Answer: True
- Answer: False. She has actually given out approximately 90,000 of them!
- Answer: FA Cup Final in 1953
- Answer: 21
- Answer: 17 Bruton Street, London, W1 on 21 April 1926
- Answer: Norman Hartnell
How did you score?
Tie-breaker question: What are The Queen’s racing colours?