Legal Expertise at Professional Tribunals
Professional Discipline Solicitors
It is by no means uncommon for professionals to find themselves the subject of a complaint to their professional body or regulator. The result can be a formal investigation followed by a disciplinary hearing, and such proceedings can drag on over many months, or years. They can be time consuming, costly and very stressful. The outcome can be disastrous in terms of career prospects and or reputation.
If you find yourself the subject of disciplinary proceedings, we can help you. We can discuss whether your professional liability or other insurance can meet the costs of legal assistance, and even if you do not intend to have a lawyer represent you throughout the proceedings we can provide you with sensible advice before you commit yourself to any particular course of action.
We are confident that we can make a difference to the outcome, either if you are contesting a charge or if you are admitting it but are anxious to avoid suffering the worst consequences.
- General Medical Council/ GMC: Doctors
- General Dental Council/ GDC: Dentists
- Health Professions Council/ HPC: Health Care Professionals
- General Optical Council/ GOC: Opticians
- Solicitors Regulatory Authority/ SRA: Solicitors
- Bar Standards Board /BSB: Barristers
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants/ ACCA: Accountants
- Financial Ombudsman: (Finance Sector)
Understanding your needs