To celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, MPR Solicitors have put together some obscure facts about The Queen and her reign, so test your knowledge and take part in the quiz!
- Since 1952 The Queen has given Royal Assent to more than 3,500 Acts of Parliament: True or False?
- Over her reign, how many Prime Ministers has Her Majesty given regular audiences to and the bonus points, name them all.
- The Queen has attended every opening of Parliament except for two in 1959 and 1963: why?
- How many items of correspondence has The Queen answered to date?
- The Queen has sent over 175,000 telegrams to centenarians in the UK and the Commonwealth: True or False?
- The Queen has given out approximately 50,000 Christmas puddings to staff continuing the custom of King George V and King George VI: True or False
- What was the first football match The Queen attended?
- How many ships has The Queen launched during her reign?
- Where and when was The Queen born?
- Who designed The Queen’s wedding dress?
- Answer: True
- Answer: 12 PMs: Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Harold Macmillan, Sir Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Edward heath, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron
- Answer: she was expecting Prince Andrew and Prince Edward respectively
- Answer: 3.5 million!
- Answer: True
- Answer: False. She has actually given out approximately 90,000 of them!
- Answer: FA Cup Final in 1953
- Answer: 21
- Answer: 17 Bruton Street, London, W1 on 21 April 1926
- Answer: Norman Hartnell
How did you score?
Tie-breaker question: What are The Queen’s racing colours?